Candidate & Employee Assessments
Personality traits drive behaviour. Our traits are what cause us to interpret situations or words differently. They drive our natural motivations and how we approach our work.
A core foundation for a growing organization is to not only define the roles and responsibilities of the role, but also the behavioural traits required for high performance. In other words, define how someone needs to think and how they need to approach their role to be effective.
Below are the seven key working traits that should be defined for a role and measured in candidates.
- Assertiveness: An individual’s need to exercise control over his or her environment. A high need to control would be very assertive; a low need to control would be accommodating.
- Sociability: An individual’s need to build relationships and communicate with others. A person with high sociability need would be more outgoing; a lower need to socialize would cause a person to be more reserved.
- Pace: An individual’s patience or impatience. A higher level of pace would cause an individual to prefer a more fast-paced, multi-tasked approach to work; a lower level of pace would cause an individual to be more patient and methodical.
- Detail Orientation: An individual’s need for structure or latitude in his or her environment. A higher detail orientation causes an individual to be more careful and thorough; a lower level of detail orientation causes an individual to be more flexible and casual with structure.
- Behavioral Adaptability: The degree to which an individual can adapt or modify his or her behaviors for different people and different situations – and sustain that adaptation.
- Emotiveness: The ability of an individual to demonstrate a sensitive, empathetic approach towards others, or a more logical, rational and controlled approach towards others.
- Creativity: An individual’s ability to bring “original thinking” to a discussion, problem-solving, or a selling situation. Individuals can have a conservative or an innovative orientation.
Are you looking to decrease staff turnover and increase employee engagement? Give us a call today to learn more about employee assessments.
Listen to how our client has involved Concord in their Leadership Development.
Brad Kennedy reflects on the depth of insight gained from the Pro.file Survey
Hear about the demonstrable ROI in using Concord’s personality instrument.
A small business entrepreneur talks about the importance of right staffing choices.