Director of Marketing, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Marketing Association
Land Without Limits
What is “A Land Without Limits”? It’s vast open skies. Room to wander. Space to roam. Time to just breathe. It’s the heart of British Columbia’s wild – the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast.
Discover British Columbia’s authentic frontier. An untamed land framed by rolling hills and coastal mountains: boasting diverse landscapes, abundant nature and wildlife, rich history, and people of generous heart.
It’s where everything and anything happens. From road-tripping to camping, to bucket-list wilderness resorts, guest ranching and heli-ski vacations; from backyard barbeques to gourmet dining; from outdoor adventures to the wild west, gold rush trail and ghost town discoveries; the opportunities are limitless in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast.
Join us in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast’s Land Without Limits.
Representing the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association (CCCTA), the Marketing Association (CCCTMA) leads in the promotion and development of tourism, marketing the tourism products of the region with its industry partners, and promoting the regional film and motion picture industry. The Cariboo Chilcotin Coast is officially the second region in North America to earn the internationally registered Biosphere Certified Destination from the Responsible Tourism Institute based in Spain. The certification is based on the principles of sustainability and continuous improvement.
Through innovative approaches and leading-edge marketing initiatives, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast is responsible for ensuring the long-term growth and prosperity of the regions multi-million dollar tourism industry. CCCTMA is considered an industry leader. The association is overseen by progressive leadership with numerous key assets to inspire and impress visitors. The region is well recognized for the revenue it generates and reinvestment in overall growth.
Come join us in the Land Without Limits. Take your business and personal lives to levels you’ve always dreamed.
CCCTMA is hiring a Director of Marketing to its team of talented and motivated employees. The successful candidate will be the team lead of the CCCTMA reporting to the CEO. They will lead all marketing initiatives to attract new and existing audiences to the region.
The successful candidate will work with the regional tourism industry along with local governments to lead, create, execute, and report on various marketing initiatives and campaigns. Various key markets have and will be identified to target and grow.
The role has a small internal team as well as external contractors they’ll oversee. All applicants should be excellent communicators, collaborators and high achievers who are dedicated to business excellence.
First Year – Measures of Success
- Demonstrate results in the creation and execution of multiple campaigns. Demonstrate how you’ve iterated and improved on campaigns through a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate strong relationship building with Destination BC. Focus on new partnership development.
- Increase engagement with stakeholders in the industry. Collaboratively grow the connections, opportunities, and success of the community & region.
- Marketing Management: manage contracts, marketing campaigns, communications, consumer media, and continually improve outcomes.
- Project management: manage financial budgets, stakeholder communications, funding applications, reporting, timelines & deliverables.
- Content Management: lead digital literacy, content development and programming.
- Conversion Management: ensure alignment between investments into Key Results & ROI.
- Insight: source and articulate regularly to aid in regional & individual business decisions and share trends,
- Innovation: foster, encourage applied idea generation & sharing, interconnectivity, industry development,
- Creativity: highlight best practices, solutions, inspire, stewarding progress for stakeholders & region.
- Marketing Committee: provide expert input and materials, administration & general support.
- Stakeholder Liaison: represent CCCTMA to Municipal and Regional Tax District stakeholders, local governments, representative organizations, partners and vice versa.
- Education: degree in marketing, communications, business management, or similar.
- Strategic & tactical: experience and knowledge of marketing & communications (media, social media, web, public relations, etc.), entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Working knowledge: of research, evaluation, metrics, decision making processes, dashboarding.
- Experience: 5 years’ +/- in related industry.
To explore this opportunity further, please submit your resume and related information in confidence online to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject CCCTMA. All applicants will be invited to complete a short personality survey and we’ll only be contacting candidates that are moving forward in the process.